Lately, many of you have seen, the promotion of the natural breast augmentation. It is seen on billboards and is being talked about in the media. At our practice, we do not offer this procedure. The purpose of this post is to inform you, and the rest of our patients, what the natural breast augmentation is and why we do not do offer this procedure at our practice.
What is being advertised as the natural breast augmentation is the process of transferring fat from an unwanted body area and adding it to the breast. This type of breast augmentation does not use the typical implants to increase volume. Instead, living fat cells are harvested and taken from one area of the body and added to the breast.
At our office, we are very careful in choosing procedures that are both safe and effective for our patients. Patient care is our number goal and therefore these are the reasons our practice does not offer this procedure:
– To our knowledge, not one board certified plastic surgeon in the state of Utah is doing this procedure. Many general practitioners are performing this surgery. It’s critical when undergoing plastic surgery to have a board certified plastic surgeon doing your surgery.
– Harvested fat generally turns hard over time. This can cause lumpy calcifications throughout the breast.
– The survival rate for the transferred fat cells depends on a number of things. Factors include the method of fat retrieval, the method of fat preparation, and method for depositing the fat cells. Doctors will generally inject more fat cells than what the final desired result will be. This is because a percentage will be naturally reabsorbed by the body.
– Many reviews from patients state that to get optimal results with this type of breast augmentation, it takes many office visits and can be very time consuming.
– Many places promote that this type of breast enhancement is virtually painless. However, many reviews and patients are saying that it can be very painful.
Dr. Kjar, is a board certified plastic surgeon, that has been performing breast augmentations for over 25 years. Dr.Kjar uses both saline or silicone implants, depending on the woman’s preference, to increase breast volume. With Dr.Kjar’s approach, the achievement of tasetful, natural results comes from his awareness of both the patient’s goals and anatomic considerations (including chest diameter and skin elasticity).