| The History:Thieves essential oil blend is a powerful combination of clove, cinnamon bark, rosemary, lemon, and Eucalyptus radiata essential oils. This essential oil blend was created based on the historical account of four thieves in France who protected themselves from the Black Plague with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing victims of the killer disease. When captured, they were offered a lighter sentence in exchange for their secret recipe. Thieves has been university tested and found to be highly effective against airborne bacteria.The Ingredient Breakdown:
CLOVE oil, nature’s richest source of eugenol, is the highest-scoring single ingredient tested for its antioxidant capacity on the ORAC scale. Clove is also known for its immune-enhancing properties. With 68% d-limonene, LEMON oil is a powerful antioxidant known for its ability to act as a natural solvent and cleanser.High in antioxidants, CINNAMON BARK has a reputation for relieving discomfort during the winter season and supporting the digestive system. As one of the most versatile of the eucalyptus oils, EUCALYPTUS RADIATA has many health-promoting properties. This powerful essential oil contains eucalyptol as one if its major elements, which in laboratory tests has been reported as being effective against bacteria in topical applications. ROSEMARY oil is naturally energizing and may be beneficial for helping restore mental alertness when experiencing fatigue.
How to Use The Oil:
Two very effective areas to massage are the reflex areas or vita-flex points on the feet, for example the lungs, sinus, bronchials, ears, etc., and also along the spine where bacterias hibernate. This essential oil ALWAYS needs a carrier oil like coconut oil or olive oil. Other uses for this essential oil are:
1. Use to clean pet cages, creating a healthier environment for them.
2. Add a few drops to your dishwasher for cleaner dishes.
3. Add to your laundry cycle for cleaner clothes.
4. Add several drops to your mop water for cleaner floors.
5. Mix 8-12 drops with water in a 4 oz. spray bottle to repel insects on your flowers and plants.
6. Diffuse in the office to increase concentration and work efficiency.
7. Diffuse in your place of business to ward off the germs.
8. Diffuse in the classroom to reduce student sickness and absenteeism.
9. Put a few drops in your carpet steamer to disinfect carpet.
10. Mix 1-2 drops with honey or Blue Agave in a teaspoon for cough relief.
11. Breathe and apply for sinus headaches.
Now get out there and enjoy this amazing essential oil!