- 1 15 oz can of garbanzo beans (or chickpeas)- drained, but reserve the liquid from the can
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup reserved liquid from beans
- 1-2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2-3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- Celery, baby carrots, pita chips, etc for dipping
This recipe is easy, peasy- You basically just dump everything listed above except for the Parmesan cheese into your food processor or high powered blender and blend until everything is well incorporated and smooth.
Add the amount of hot sauce and cayenne pepper according to your personal heat preference. I would suggest starting out with less, giving it a taste, and then adding more if needed.
Once you are satisfied with the heat level, fold in the 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
Garnish with a sprinkle of shredded Parmesan cheese & serve with celery sticks, pita crackers or triangles, baby carrots, etc.
Store any leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for up to 7 days.