Jane Iredale recently came out with a great article on practicing safe sun tanning.
Being diligent about SPF may be a challenge, but we know that our health and beauty depends on staying protected from harmful rays. However, that doesn’t mean that you have to give up that gorgeous summer glow. Here are five unusual self tanning tips for summer and all year round!
1. When using self tanner, usually you have to plan ahead at least 3 – 5 days to let the color build so that you can wear that cute skirt or shorts. Because Tantasis is a bronser and self tanner in one, you can just apply it in the morning to exposed skin like your arms, legs, neck and face. You’ll get the best of both worlds … no planning ahead necessary.
2. One of the biggest mistakes you can use with bronzing and self tanning is applying it to your face and neck. It needs to match! Remember to apply your bronzer or self tanner to your neck. Oh and here’s a trick! Spritz your blending brush with your favorite hydration spray (we love Pommist for this) and use it to apply Tantasia to your decollete for a beautiful bronze look that blends with your bronzed face.
3. To help seal in your glow, apply moisturizer after Tantasia. While Tantasia is plenty moisturizing itself, using a moisturizer afterwards can help it last even longer.
4. Have you ever noticed that your left arm gets more color in the summer than your right arm? That’s because your left arm is facing the window when you drive. Here’s a tip: apply Tantasia to your right arm to slowly build a tan that will match the color on your left arm. Problem solved!
5. It’s almost August, which means that soon all of us will be squeezing in our last summer pedicures. Use Tantasia on your feet to give them a summer glow that complements your perfectly manicured toes, and take advantage of the last couple of weeks you have to walk barefoot in the grass and show off your summer sandals.
Happy self tanning, and be sure to use your sunscreen when you are in the sun to protect your gorgeous skin!