At the Bountiful cosmetic surgery office of Dr. J. Gregory Kjar, our skilled, experienced team provides outstanding results with a gentle, total well-being approach. We offer individualized attention, welcome any questions or concerns, and give our patients the utmost respect. Below, you’ll find general patient information including downloadable patient forms, pre-op instructions and recovery guidelines. For additional information, contact our Salt Lake City / Ogden, Utah-area practice and arrange a consultation.
For your convenience, patients can download, print, and complete our mandatory forms before coming to the office. If you are a NEW patient, please print off these forms, complete and bring to your consultation.
Choosing to have plastic surgery is an important decision. So is selecting a surgeon.
Most physicians are board-certified in something, but that doesn’t mean they’re all qualified to perform plastic surgery. You want the skill of an ASPS Member Surgeon—a doctor with more than six years of surgical training and experience, with at least three years specifically in plastic surgery. Their training and experience make them uniquely qualified to perform your cosmetic or reconstructive procedure.
Click here to learn more about the importance of choosing a board certified plastic surgeon.
Each patient Dr. J. Gregory Kjar treats is given an individualized set of pre-operative instructions specific to his or her procedure and health considerations. We ask our patients to read and follow these directions carefully, but if you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our office. During your consultation, be sure to tell Dr. Kjar about any and all medication you are currently taking. Get a good night’s sleep before surgery. Do not wear makeup the day of your procedure and wear loose clothing. Contact our Bountiful office to arrange a consultation with our Salt Lake City-area plastic surgeon.
Although each patient’s recovery is unique, dependent on the procedure and the patient’s medical considerations, many aspects of plastic surgery recovery are the same, no matter what procedure you’ve had. Below are some general recovery considerations. Follow Dr. Kjar’s specific postoperative guidelines and contact our office if you have any questions or concerns.
- Typically, it takes three to six weeks for most bruising and swelling to disappear. However, some swelling may remain for months. Don’t panic — this probably won’t be noticeable to other people, but it may be enough to prevent you from seeing your ultimate result for a while.
- Generally, patients can return to work after a week, and to exercise after two or three weeks. Use your best judgment, and let pain be your warning system.
- Your energy level should be completely back to normal after six weeks.
- You’ll see great results long before, but it may take six to 12 months for your body to heal completely.
You will most likely come back for initial check-ups a few days after surgery, and then one week after surgery. After that, we will see you at six weeks, six months, and one year. We want to see you through your entire healing process. These visits are all included in the cost of your procedure.
Post-Op Surgical Care
Several years ago, Dr. Kjar realized that he wanted to offer his cosmetic post surgical patients more. As a result, he started our Medical Spa, Candessa Surgical & Laser Aesthetics. The purpose was to give his plastic surgery patients a place where they could not only have surgery, but also get superior care in pain management, scare treatment and healing. Throughout your cosmetic surgery process, you will be working with one of our master estheticians. She will inform you what treatments and products are complimentary with your surgery. Some useful information for all post-surgical patients:
- NewGel Scar Management: Applied directly on your scar, NewGel+ Silicone Gel Sheeting delivers a safe and effective, clinically proven method to reduce, flatten, fade and smooth both old and new scars. For breast augmentation patients, do not apply these sheets until after your steri strips have fallen off. This should usually be about 2 to 3 weeks post surgery. We recommend that you wear the strips at night when you sleep.
- Lymphatic Drainage Massages: The lymphatic drainage massage is used to remove toxins after surgery (aiding in recovery) and helping move out post surgical swelling and/or bruising. Most cosmetic surgeries include at least one complimentary lymphatic massage. We recommend that you get your massage after your surgery. Our medical assistant or patient coordinators can help you set up those massages. We recommend scheduling them at the same time as you schedule surgery.