Make sure you watch Channel 4 news tonight at 10pm. Dr. Kjar will discuss the popular Mommy Makeover procedure that can include a breast augmentation and/or breast lift, tummy tuck and liposuction. A survey released from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) shows that if cost were not an issue, 62 percent of mothers said that they would consider a “mommy makeover”.
Society has started to see a change in the attitude of many woman who have had children and want to restore that “before baby body”. Many are not afraid to admit that they loved having children, but also want to restore the image of themselves pre-pregnancies. Many women after diet and exercise, still need some help whether that is with saggy breasts to a pocket of skin on the abdomen.
If you are considering a “mommy makeover” the ASPS has these tips:
- Wait at least six months to one year after having your last child to undergo “mommy makeover” procedures
- Be specific about your post-baby body goals so that your surgeon can recommend the most appropriate procedures
- To optimize the final outcome, if you are trying to lose weight, do so before undergoing “mommy makeover” procedures
- Find a surgeon who is board certified in plastic surgery
- Ask to see before and after photos of your plastic surgeon’s recent work
Tune in tonight to learn more about the Mommy Makeover!